Sunday, October 14, 2012

Toddler Art

"A daughter is just a little girl
who grows up to be your best friend."

Sometimes you just have to live in the moment.  Stop and smell the roses.  Remember the little things.  That's one of the things we did today.  My youngest has a pretty normal routine and in the morning I find she is most creative, so those are the times I try and get her into the craft fun with me.  
This morning she spotted a piece of card stock that I left out and she just couldn't take her eyes off it.  Rather than fight her about it, I simply gave in.  I thought this would be a perfect time to let her little creative juices go.  

So I sat her down, told her to get ready and grabbed her little craft box.  I pulled out a Sharpie and wrote her name out.  Then, gave her a choice of weapon; she chose crayons.  (it's her favorite medium right now, what can I say?  She's 2 1/2.)  

She loves to have her hands traced so we did that quite a few times.  I tried to point out the brighter crayons so they would show up best.  I simply let her go to town coloring as she pleases.  I added a touch of whimsy with some little designs on the edges.  

After about 15 minutes she looked at me and said, "all done, Momma!" And so, her masterpiece was complete to her liking.  

My little Picasso.   And now it's off to Target to grab a 12 x 12 frame.  Yep, another beautiful piece for her bedroom.  

Crafter Level: Novice

~Jacqui

 

No comments:

Post a Comment